SJCA follows the process required by FS 1008.25 for the progression of students.
You can download the SJCA Progression Plan at the bottom of this page.
A student must earn a D in English Language Arts (ELA) and mathematics and have an average GPA of 2.0 or more for the four core courses (ELA, Mathematics, Social Studies (History), and Science).
Mandatory Retention of 3rd Grade Students:
To be promoted to grade 4, in addition to SJCA standard promotion requirements, a student must also score a Level 2 or higher on the statewide, standardized English Language Arts assessment required for grade 3. A student who demonstrates through a student portfolio that he or she is performing at least at Level 2 on the statewide, standardized English Language Arts assessment may be exempted from the 3rd grade retention.
High School Graduation Requirements:
SCJA offers two types of diploma.
1) The SCJA Scholar Diploma is earned with 30 credits and a 3.0 Unweighted GPA.
2) The SJCA Diploma has the same total credits as the Florida standard diploma but has some specific subject requirements.
SJCA requires the completion of the following for earning a SJCA diploma.
- 24 credits
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must pass the Grade 10 ELA assessment or ACT/SAT concordant score.
- Must pass Algebra 1 EOC
- A 25 page Senior Thesis is required for graduation.
- 3 years of World Language (including 1 year of Latin earned in 9th - 12th grades)
Please see the PDF below for a breakdown of both types of diplomas.